Pregnancy ticker

Friday, May 16, 2008

synarel commenced

I stopped the provera on Monday and no period has followed, yay I think. I have a blood test on May 22.

It's my sixth day on synarel, a nasal spray that suppresses your own hormones. So far so good, although I have had a couple of nights of insomnia followed by waking up super early. I am not sure how much this is related though as there are little reported synarel side effects, and from time to time I suffer from insomnia anyway.

I also have an ache in my right arm and in the calf of my right leg, again I don't think this is related as I have been complaining of the pain in my leg since November last year and keep promising myself to get it checked out. The arm, I think is the result of removing nails last Saturday from timbers that we will be reusing in a project, and too much time spent on the computer.

Really the only issue I have been having with the Synarel is administering the spray. I am meant to have one spray in the morning and one in the evening, exactly 12 hours apart. On a couple of occassions I have had to give an additional spray, once because I had the spray too far up my nose and it just ran down the nozzle, and another time because I didn't take the clear plastic cover off the nozzle, the husband was actually giving me a hand this time and had tried twice before he realised the cover was on, the third time that the safety ring was still on. So it was actually four times lucky.

No comments: