Pregnancy ticker

Monday, June 23, 2008

Not so good news...

This morning, led us back to the clinic for a final pregnancy blood test, that I know will be a negative...

You see, last Thursday, I started 'spotting' which led to a very painful full period over the weekend. All I wanted to do was to stay in bed & keep warm on a sunny winters day. But this was not to be with B doing the final painting on Saturday and a Sunday jam packed with birthday celebrations!

Blood test this morning was difficult, both mentally knowing what the outcome will be, but also physically as the cold weather (6 degrees the car was telling me) and no breakfast or fluid to assist the veins to 'pop out'. Alicia, the nurse, was really lovely, first trying my usual spot in my right arm, then the the same spot in my left, both without success. She then tried a smaller gauge needle and back to the right, and with the idol threat of tears if she could not find it, and B reaching for the tissue box, success with a free flowing blood vacutainer!

Oh well, in a couple of hours all will be revealed with the standard phone call to B at around 1pm. Alicia did say that 9/10 period bleeds show a negative, whilst there is a 1/10 chance it may be positive, there is little to no hope, I know!

*** UPDATE ***
The 2.30pm phone call results shows, that there is hCG levels in the results, so they will be repeating them again on Thursday! The saga continues...
*** UPDATE ***

3 comments:

Maribeth said...

Oh Lou, I am so sorry. I know you've been hoping and praying so hard. At least you have some, "on ice" and can try again.
Hugs, and love to you, my dear!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I´m so sorry. I hope you get some well deserved hugs today, you really must need them. Even when you know bad news is coming, it´s so lousy to have it confirmed.

I suppose the good news is that you don´t have to go through the egg collection process for another try, though, right? :)

Maribeth said...

Keep us posted about Thursday's test. Prayers sent to you!