Pregnancy ticker

Friday, June 6, 2008

16 Right!*

An update on the progress... After a week of hormonal injections to stimulate my ovaries, I ended up with 16 eggs (and 2 masses). Here's how.

It all started back on Mothers day, with the Syneral to put me into menopause. This created all sorts of hot flush's, insomnia and so on... Once this had happened, it was then time to start hormonal stimulation, which meant that I had to have an injection, at the same time as the Syneral, the same time every night. Frequent blood test showed that my Estrogen levels were rising, and on Monday, it had reached 873 units. An ultrasound showed a large number of medium sized follicles, so all was looking good for this week.

Wednesday's ultrasound, showed the follicles to be, on average, 15mm. The way it was explained to me was, "imagine an ovary to be the size of a golf ball, normally. In your case now, it is now the size of a SOFTBALL"! Frikken Hell, no wonder I am in pain!!!

So this morning, at 5am, the alarm went off to send me on my way to the clinic. Not that it mattered as I was already awake! So a quick shower, wash the hair, and an iron of some 'comfy' cloths, (B had a coffee... grrr) we were off on our way hoping to not get stuck in Sydney's notorious peak hour traffic! Upon arrival, and a check of the paperwork (pay the fee) I was 'wisked away' to the preperation area and B was sent to 'deposit' his sample.


16 Right
Originally uploaded by lounbern

After a little rest, this is what I woke up too! More to follow next week, as Wednesday is the embyo transfer!

* Note: right hand + 16 eggs = 16 right!

2 comments:

Maribeth said...

Oh Ihave my fingers crossed, and my toes too! (Will she walk? Can she?)
Hugs to you both!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! 16 has to be pretty good. At the same time, I was reading over the last couple of posts that I hadn´t seen yet and it really sounds like this treatment is quite awful. :S I´ll have my fingers crossed for you as you go for the implantation.