Pregnancy ticker

Monday, February 23, 2009

Inconvenient week

None of this process is ever totally convenient. It was another early start with blood test and ultrasound at 7.15am this morning. All went well and the call from the clinic this afternoon confirmed that tonight the trigger injection was required tonight and that egg collection would be on Wednesday with transfer most likely Monday, next week.

This week I have a really big project at work happening requiring presentations to be prepared and given, and last minute edits to documentation to be made, but I will have to let go. This is difficult for me to do, but I am getting better at it.

This evening was bizarre, and the beginning of the inconvenient week in that I had a late night meeting to attend and the trigger injection had to be given at 8.40pm on the dot. I started wondering as soon as I got this piece of news should I do a bailout on the meeting, would my item on the agenda be over by 8pm giving me enough time to get home, or should B make his way out, so that I could duck out and have the injection in the dark of the carpark, or could we manage it without someone seeing us, by slipping into the toilets, or risk the open plan office. It ended up that the home option prevailed, but only after B had driven from home and was metres from my work, as the meeting ended within half and hour at 8pm and hurried phonecall was made to turn around and I would meet him at home.
----------

No comments: