Pregnancy ticker

Sunday, February 8, 2009

you have been warned

The clinic rang today, and advised that we shall be starting the Synarel on 2 March, that is when the fun (tears and moodiness) really starts, and that we would need to pay the $4500 for the treatment before then. Time to curb the spending....

In other great news, sister no 2 announced she is having her second baby in August 2009. Sister no 1 is due in May and kindly let me know quietly before announcements were made. I am so grateful for her thoughtfulness. It is so hard to be confronted with such announcements in a public/group situation. The congratulations and questions seem to go on for ages. You are happy for the person but it also does your head in, because you are already so emotional, and why is it so hard for you. I also have to hand it to the Aunty who made the comment about how great for this 'accident' when it was so hard last time for my sister. I could only dream of 6 months on Clomid. It will be 5 years in April since we first started down this path of assisted reproduction.

I reread this post and I think, I sound horrible. Sorry.

1 comment:

Maribeth said...

It does not sound horrible at all. In fact I will tell you a little story. Entirely true.

23 years ago when my 6 year old child died, I was a disaster emotionally. I desperately wanted another child, but since I had to have a partial hysterectomy after she'd been born, I was not able to. My ex-husband did not want to adopt from a foreign country. He wanted his 'own' child.
End of marriage.
Meanwhile, my sister was adopting. She came to me and asked me if she should cancel her plans or delay them because she didn't want me to suffer. I told her no, to go ahead with the adoption.
She did. They adopted a little girl from Korea. What a gem. I wished it was me.
But it never was.
I've always appreciated her doing that. Asking me. It made me feel valued.
Hugs, Sweetie and know I am saying prayers for you and Bernie.